- Ethics & Integrity Sector, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission, Brussels
Good Clinical Practice Alliance – Europe (GCPA) & Strategic Initiative for Developing Capacity in Ethical Review (SIDCER)
- Cosimo Monda, Director of the Maastricht European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity, Faculty of Law, University of Maastricht; Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Audrey Van Scharen, Member, University Ethics Committee, UZ Erasmus, VUB Data Protection Officer, University of Brussels (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, VUB)
- Francis P. Crawley, Executive Director, Good Clinical Practice Alliance – Europe (GCPA) & Strategic Initiative for Developing Capacity in Ethical Review (SIDCER)
- Albena Kuyumdzhieva, Programme Manager-Research/Ethics Review, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission; Brussels, Belgium
During this workshop the European Commission will present and discuss its new ‘Guidance Note on Ethics and Data Protection’ (not yet released to the public). The workshop addresses the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the context of health-related research, examining how ethics committees can complement and assist researchers and data protection officers in ensuring that the dignity, rights, and privacy of research subjects’ data are protected. It looks at the impact of the GDPR on the ongoing and evolving role of the ethics committee in promoting the dignity and privacy of data subjects in health-related research contexts, with a focus on guidelines for research stakeholders.
Information can be requested from email@example.com